Travellers pitch-up at children’s play area in Weston
- Credit: Karen Richards
Five caravans and vehicles have been spotted at Maltlands Play Area in Weston Milton.
North Somerset Council have confirmed it is the same group which left Clarance Park earlier this week.
They then moved to the former airfield site at Haywood Village before they were seen settled in the park yesterday (Wednesday).
The authority's officers inspected the site today (Thursday) and have handed the travellers a notice to leave the area by 6pm.
If they do not vacate the park, the council will seek to obtain a court order next week.
You may also want to watch:
An authority spokesman said: "The council's home officers got back earlier today after carrying out welfare checks at the park.
"They can confirm there are travellers at Maltlands Play Area.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
"The authority will apply for a court order at North Somerset Courthouse if they have not left the site after the Bank Holiday weekend."