Travellers pitch-up at children’s play area in Weston
- Credit: Karen Richards
Five caravans and vehicles have been spotted at Maltlands Play Area in Weston Milton.
North Somerset Council have confirmed it is the same group which left Clarance Park earlier this week.
They then moved to the former airfield site at Haywood Village before they were seen settled in the park yesterday (Wednesday).
The authority's officers inspected the site today (Thursday) and have handed the travellers a notice to leave the area by 6pm.
If they do not vacate the park, the council will seek to obtain a court order next week.
You may also want to watch:
An authority spokesman said: "The council's home officers got back earlier today after carrying out welfare checks at the park.
"They can confirm there are travellers at Maltlands Play Area.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Have your say on new stroke services
"The authority will apply for a court order at North Somerset Courthouse if they have not left the site after the Bank Holiday weekend."