Travellers pitch-up at children’s play area in Weston
- Credit: Karen Richards
Five caravans and vehicles have been spotted at Maltlands Play Area in Weston Milton.
North Somerset Council have confirmed it is the same group which left Clarance Park earlier this week.
They then moved to the former airfield site at Haywood Village before they were seen settled in the park yesterday (Wednesday).
The authority's officers inspected the site today (Thursday) and have handed the travellers a notice to leave the area by 6pm.
If they do not vacate the park, the council will seek to obtain a court order next week.
You may also want to watch:
An authority spokesman said: "The council's home officers got back earlier today after carrying out welfare checks at the park.
"They can confirm there are travellers at Maltlands Play Area.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 New principal appointed at academy
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 5 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 6 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 9 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 10 Weston AFC over-50s 'best team in country' after WFA National Cup triumph
"The authority will apply for a court order at North Somerset Courthouse if they have not left the site after the Bank Holiday weekend."