Travellers leave Hutton Moor playing fields – but more pitch up in Weston park
- Credit: Lily Newton-Browne
Travellers have left Hutton Moor playing fields after they lived at the site for more than a week.
There were nine caravans and vehicles in the fields, and travellers were handed a notice on Friday by North Somerset Council telling them to leave by 6pm the same day.
Officers visited the area today (Monday) and confirmed they had vacated the site.
Another group of travellers have now pitched up at Clarence Park, in Walliscote Road, with around five caravans and three vehicles appearing at the park.
MORE: Travellers pitch up at Weston playing fieldsA spokesman said: "The travellers have left Hutton Moor playing fields.
"We also had the site cleaned and cleared by the authority's contractors."
You may also want to watch:
The same group spotted at the playing fields were evicted from the Beach Lawns on May 9, a day before appearing at the Hutton Moor site.
- 1 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 2 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 8 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 9 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid