Travellers leave Hutton Moor playing fields – but more pitch up in Weston park
- Credit: Lily Newton-Browne
Travellers have left Hutton Moor playing fields after they lived at the site for more than a week.
There were nine caravans and vehicles in the fields, and travellers were handed a notice on Friday by North Somerset Council telling them to leave by 6pm the same day.
Officers visited the area today (Monday) and confirmed they had vacated the site.
Another group of travellers have now pitched up at Clarence Park, in Walliscote Road, with around five caravans and three vehicles appearing at the park.
MORE: Travellers pitch up at Weston playing fieldsA spokesman said: "The travellers have left Hutton Moor playing fields.
"We also had the site cleaned and cleared by the authority's contractors."
You may also want to watch:
The same group spotted at the playing fields were evicted from the Beach Lawns on May 9, a day before appearing at the Hutton Moor site.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder