Tributes paid to murdered Laura – ‘a beautiful daughter and a fantastic mother’
- Credit: Archant
The family of a woman murdered in Highbridge on Saturday have today (Tuesday) released an emotional tribute and spoken of their ‘total devastation’.
Laura Biss, aged 34, died in the early hours of Saturday morning after an apparent hit-and-run on the B3139 Burnham Road.
Christopher Harris, of no fixed adress, has since been charged with her murder.
Harris, aged 34, has also been charge with causing death by dangerous driving, and appeared at Taunton Deane Magistrates Court today, where he was remanded in custody until a further hearing on Thursday.
However, the Biss family have released a statement paying tribute to ‘sensitive and caring’ Laura.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “Laura was a beautiful daughter, a fantastic mother and a great sister. She was sensitive, caring and compassionate and would think nothing of going out of her way to help others.
“She had a great sense of humour which made her very popular. She touched so many people’s lives in a positive way.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
“She was also a talented artist, who had a great future ahead of her.
“Words cannot express what her loss means to all her family and friends – we are heartbroken and totally devastated.
“We would like the media to leave us alone at this time to grieve privately.”