Tributes paid to murdered man
- Credit: Archant
FRIENDS have paid tribute to a man who died after being seriously assaulted on the Bournville estate at the weekend.
The man has been named by friends as Mark Roberts..
A number of friends and colleagues have been offering online tributes in the wake of the incident, which has sparked a police murder inquiry.
Georgie White commented on Facebook’s Spotted page, saying: “RIP Mark you will be truly missed. Thoughts are with your family.”
Sammy-Lou McCarthy wrote: “Rest in peace Mark Roberts xxx.”
You may also want to watch:
Lee O’Shaughnessy said: “Sleep well to a great loss, always remembered never forgotten. Too nice to fall.”
Donna-Marie Parry said: “Absolutely tragic. Thoughts are with family and friends at this sad time. May you rest in peace Mark.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 8 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
And Claire Irwin added: “RIP, thoughts are with his family. Someone knows exactly what happened and who did this, this is not the time to keep quiet. “
The Bournville I know is a great place where everyone sticks together and looks after their own, we need to get these scum off the streets and give his poor family some peace xx.”
Police have already arrested several people in connection with his death.
Mark was assaulted in Baildon Road in the early hours of Saturday morning and was taken to hospital, but died on Sunday.
No formal identification has yet been released by police but officers would like to hear from anyone who was in the area early on Saturday and saw the incident.
Anyone with any information should call Avon and Somerset Police on 101.
* You can leave your own tributes to Mark Roberts by posting below.