Finalists announced for this year’s Turnip Prize
- Credit: Archant
The shortlist for this year’s Turnip Prize has been announced.
Organisers say the joke award, which pokes fun at the Tate Gallery’s Turner Prize, is given to the person who creates ‘crap art’ using ‘the least amount of effort possible’.
This year’s finalists include a piece titled Hot Date, which consists of a chilli and a date and Trump Tower – two baked bean cans stacked on top of each other.
Also in the running is Stock Pile – a pile of stock cubes, Hollywood – a piece of holly on a piece of wood, Plastic Waist – a plastic belt and Collywobbles – a collie on some jelly.
Last year’s competition saw artist Mary Hemmings – also known as Chris P Bacon – take home the prize for her Pulled Pork idea – a toy pig being pulled by a toy tractor.
You may also want to watch:
Mary will be on the judging panel for this year’s prize.
The award presentation will take place at The New Inn, in Combe Batch, at 6.30pm on Tuesday evening.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 9 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare