Finalists announced for this year’s Turnip Prize
- Credit: Archant
The shortlist for this year’s Turnip Prize has been announced.
Organisers say the joke award, which pokes fun at the Tate Gallery’s Turner Prize, is given to the person who creates ‘crap art’ using ‘the least amount of effort possible’.
This year’s finalists include a piece titled Hot Date, which consists of a chilli and a date and Trump Tower – two baked bean cans stacked on top of each other.
Also in the running is Stock Pile – a pile of stock cubes, Hollywood – a piece of holly on a piece of wood, Plastic Waist – a plastic belt and Collywobbles – a collie on some jelly.
Last year’s competition saw artist Mary Hemmings – also known as Chris P Bacon – take home the prize for her Pulled Pork idea – a toy pig being pulled by a toy tractor.
You may also want to watch:
Mary will be on the judging panel for this year’s prize.
The award presentation will take place at The New Inn, in Combe Batch, at 6.30pm on Tuesday evening.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston