Get your entries in for the 2018 Turnip Prize
- Credit: Archant
Entries are still being taken for this year’s Turnip Prize.
The annual joke competition, which sends up the prestigious Turner Prize, will be accepting entries for purposefully poor modern art until Wednesday.
Entries are being taken at the New Inn in Combe Batch. Organisers say hopefuls should put in ‘the least amount of effort possible’.
The first round of judging will begin on November 22.
The winner will be announced at New Inn on December 4 at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Previous years’ winners include Mary Hemmings, from Lower Langford, chosen for her Pulled Pork idea – a toy pig being pulled by a toy tractor - and ‘Plumskey’, also known as Mike Plumber, for his Poldark-inspired ‘dark pole’.
To enter, call 01934 710004, 07812848011 or visit The New Inn in, Wedmore. For more information, visit www.newinnwedmore.co.uk/events
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 5 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 8 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 9 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 10 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest