Get your entries in for the 2018 Turnip Prize
- Credit: Archant
Entries are still being taken for this year’s Turnip Prize.
The annual joke competition, which sends up the prestigious Turner Prize, will be accepting entries for purposefully poor modern art until Wednesday.
Entries are being taken at the New Inn in Combe Batch. Organisers say hopefuls should put in ‘the least amount of effort possible’.
The first round of judging will begin on November 22.
The winner will be announced at New Inn on December 4 at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Previous years’ winners include Mary Hemmings, from Lower Langford, chosen for her Pulled Pork idea – a toy pig being pulled by a toy tractor - and ‘Plumskey’, also known as Mike Plumber, for his Poldark-inspired ‘dark pole’.
To enter, call 01934 710004, 07812848011 or visit The New Inn in, Wedmore. For more information, visit www.newinnwedmore.co.uk/events
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities