Winner of spoof art Turnip Prize announced
- Credit: Archant
The winner of this year’s Turnip Prize is a plastic dog on top of a bowl full of jelly.
Collywobbles, by the artist Stroke Me, won this year’s prize after beating 90 other entries, including Trump Tower – two baked bean cans on top of each other and Hot Date – a chilli and a date.
Organiser Trevor Prideaux was ‘delighted’ by the lack of effort this year’s winner put in.
The annual joke competition, which is in its 20th year, is organised by The New Inn in Wedmore to poke fun at the Tate Gallery’s prestigious Turner Prize.
The winner receives a turnip attached to a wooden base. This year’s winner, describing himself as a lavatory attendant, was ‘completely flushed’ to receive the award.
Last year’s competition saw artist Chris P Bacon take home the prize for her Pulled Pork idea – a toy pig being pulled by a toy tractor.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask