Winner of spoof art Turnip Prize announced
- Credit: Archant
The winner of this year’s Turnip Prize is a plastic dog on top of a bowl full of jelly.
Collywobbles, by the artist Stroke Me, won this year’s prize after beating 90 other entries, including Trump Tower – two baked bean cans on top of each other and Hot Date – a chilli and a date.
Organiser Trevor Prideaux was ‘delighted’ by the lack of effort this year’s winner put in.
The annual joke competition, which is in its 20th year, is organised by The New Inn in Wedmore to poke fun at the Tate Gallery’s prestigious Turner Prize.
The winner receives a turnip attached to a wooden base. This year’s winner, describing himself as a lavatory attendant, was ‘completely flushed’ to receive the award.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s competition saw artist Chris P Bacon take home the prize for her Pulled Pork idea – a toy pig being pulled by a toy tractor.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision