Two fire crews tackle kitchen fire in Worle

PUBLISHED: 12:30 30 May 2017

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in The Wrangle, in Worle.

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in The Wrangle, in Worle.

Archant

Two fire crews from Weston-super-Mare Fire Station were called to a house fire in Worle yesterday (Monday).

Firefighters were called to The Wrangle, in Worle, at 3.15pm on bank holiday Monday.

A spokesman from Avon Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival, crews found smoke coming from a bedroom window of a two-storey house.

“The fire was started by cooking left on a gas hob in the kitchen.”

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus put out the fire using one hose reel and determined the cause of the fire was accidental.

The spokesman added: “More than half of the accidental house fires Avon and Somerset Fire Service attend started in the kitchen. Never leave a pan or grill unattended. If you need to leave the kitchen, remember to turn off the heat.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists