Men arrested for Worle explosion released on bail
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were arrested on suspicion of causing an explosion in Worle on Tuesday morning have been released on bail.
The men, aged 20 and 21, have been bailed to give police time to carry out further enquiries and to liaise with the Crown Prosecution Service.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said: "We would like to reiterate there is no ongoing risk to the public.
"We have made this assessment following an in-depth review of the circumstances and evidence.
"A device was recovered by the Army's EOD unit in a lane in Appletree Court on Tuesday and made safe.
You may also want to watch:
"We do not believe there are any further devices.
"Investigations like this can only be undertaken with the assistance and support of the local community.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
"We fully appreciate this can sometimes be inconvenient and genuinely appreciate the understanding and support of those directly affected by it."