Men arrested for Worle explosion released on bail
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were arrested on suspicion of causing an explosion in Worle on Tuesday morning have been released on bail.
The men, aged 20 and 21, have been bailed to give police time to carry out further enquiries and to liaise with the Crown Prosecution Service.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said: "We would like to reiterate there is no ongoing risk to the public.
"We have made this assessment following an in-depth review of the circumstances and evidence.
"A device was recovered by the Army's EOD unit in a lane in Appletree Court on Tuesday and made safe.
You may also want to watch:
"We do not believe there are any further devices.
"Investigations like this can only be undertaken with the assistance and support of the local community.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
"We fully appreciate this can sometimes be inconvenient and genuinely appreciate the understanding and support of those directly affected by it."