Police seize machete and drugs in Weston
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary and Mark Atherton
Two men from Weston-super-Mare have had drugs and a machete taken off them by Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
A man was spotted acting 'suspiciously' by plain-clothed officers in Orchard Street on Friday.
The 42-year-old was detained and searched, with police discovering he had a small amount of cannabis in his possession.
Officers decided to search the home the man was standing outside of and made further discoveries.
A large machete was found, along with heroin and more cannabis.
A man in his 40s, believed to be the owner of the property, was also found to be present inside.
Both men were issued with a drugs education programme referral.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Police seize up to £500k worth of cannabis at Weston property
Police teamed up with North Somerset Council recently to crackdown on crime in Weston town centre and their enquiries led to a £250,000 cannabis farm being discovered and closed down.