Police seize machete and drugs in Weston
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary and Mark Atherton
Two men from Weston-super-Mare have had drugs and a machete taken off them by Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
A man was spotted acting 'suspiciously' by plain-clothed officers in Orchard Street on Friday.
The 42-year-old was detained and searched, with police discovering he had a small amount of cannabis in his possession.
Officers decided to search the home the man was standing outside of and made further discoveries.
A large machete was found, along with heroin and more cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 40s, believed to be the owner of the property, was also found to be present inside.
Both men were issued with a drugs education programme referral.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
Police teamed up with North Somerset Council recently to crackdown on crime in Weston town centre and their enquiries led to a £250,000 cannabis farm being discovered and closed down.