Police seize machete and drugs in Weston
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary and Mark Atherton
Two men from Weston-super-Mare have had drugs and a machete taken off them by Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
A man was spotted acting 'suspiciously' by plain-clothed officers in Orchard Street on Friday.
The 42-year-old was detained and searched, with police discovering he had a small amount of cannabis in his possession.
Officers decided to search the home the man was standing outside of and made further discoveries.
A large machete was found, along with heroin and more cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 40s, believed to be the owner of the property, was also found to be present inside.
Both men were issued with a drugs education programme referral.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 10 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
Police teamed up with North Somerset Council recently to crackdown on crime in Weston town centre and their enquiries led to a £250,000 cannabis farm being discovered and closed down.