Two more coronavirus cases in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Two more people have been diagnosed with Covid-19 in North Somerset.
The number of cases had reached 487 by yesterday (Monday) morning, according to figures from Public Health England.
It means cases have increased by less than 0.5 per cent over the weekend, lower than the rate of increase across the UK.
They were among the 7,920 cases recorded across the South West, a figure which rose by 16 over the period.
Cumulative case counts include patients who are currently unwell, have recovered and those that have died.
Across the UK, 305,289 people had tested positive for coronavirus as of 9am on Monday, up from 301,815 at the same point on Friday, Department of Health and Social Care figures show.
As of 5pm on Sunday, 42,647 had died.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'