Two people escape blaze at pub

PUBLISHED: 09:36 22 January 2010 | UPDATED: 11:36 25 May 2010

TWO people escaped from a blaze above a pub in Weston this morning (Fri).

TWO people escaped from a blaze above a pub in Weston this morning (Fri).

Firefighters were called to the Jug and Bottle on the corner of Drove Road at 8.25am.

It is believed the small fire started in a room in a flat above the pub because of an electrical fault.

Minor damage was caused to some bedroom furniture and there has been smoke damage in the flat.

The building was occupied by two people at the time but they managed to escape and no one was injured, however an ambulance was called as a precaution.

Two crews from Weston were sent out to tackle the blaze and one is still there checking the building over.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists