Two people hospitalised with burns in flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital with burns following a fire in a flat in Weston-super-Mare this morning (Monday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Bristol Road Lower at 2am.
Three fire engines from Weston attended and found a flat on fire on the first floor of a three-storey building.
Crews used two hose reels and thermal imaging cameras to put out the blaze.
Police and ambulance crews also attended and two residents were taken to hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.
You may also want to watch:
The fire is believed to have started accidentally.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half