Two people hospitalised with burns in flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital with burns following a fire in a flat in Weston-super-Mare this morning (Monday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Bristol Road Lower at 2am.
Three fire engines from Weston attended and found a flat on fire on the first floor of a three-storey building.
Crews used two hose reels and thermal imaging cameras to put out the blaze.
Police and ambulance crews also attended and two residents were taken to hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.
You may also want to watch:
The fire is believed to have started accidentally.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'