Two people hospitalised with burns in flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital with burns following a fire in a flat in Weston-super-Mare this morning (Monday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Bristol Road Lower at 2am.
Three fire engines from Weston attended and found a flat on fire on the first floor of a three-storey building.
Crews used two hose reels and thermal imaging cameras to put out the blaze.
Police and ambulance crews also attended and two residents were taken to hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.
You may also want to watch:
The fire is believed to have started accidentally.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 9 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 10 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again