Two people hospitalised with burns in flat fire

Two people were taken to hospital with burns and smoke inhalation.

Two people were taken to hospital with burns and smoke inhalation. - Credit: Archant

Two people were taken to hospital with burns following a fire in a flat in Weston-super-Mare this morning (Monday).

Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Bristol Road Lower at 2am.

Three fire engines from Weston attended and found a flat on fire on the first floor of a three-storey building.

Crews used two hose reels and thermal imaging cameras to put out the blaze.

Police and ambulance crews also attended and two residents were taken to hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.


You may also want to watch:


The fire is believed to have started accidentally.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus