Uncertain future for Weston’s SeaQuarium
- Credit: Archant
The future of Weston-super-Mare’s SeaQuarium is in doubt due to ‘ongoing financial difficulties’.
All 11 staff are going through a redundancy consultation – but bosses say no decision over its future has been made.
The aquarium, in Marine Parade, will not open this weekend and bosses have said they will review the situation again next week.
A spokesman for Weston SeaQuarium said: “Due to ongoing financial difficulties, we can confirm all employees at SeaQuarium Weston are going through a redundancy consultation process.
“This is a private and confidential process and we will not be making any further comment until the consultation period has ended.
You may also want to watch:
“No decision has been made regarding the future of SeaQuarium Weston.
“We have decided to close the aquarium this weekend and will review it again next week.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare