Uncertain future for Weston’s SeaQuarium
- Credit: Archant
The future of Weston-super-Mare’s SeaQuarium is in doubt due to ‘ongoing financial difficulties’.
All 11 staff are going through a redundancy consultation – but bosses say no decision over its future has been made.
The aquarium, in Marine Parade, will not open this weekend and bosses have said they will review the situation again next week.
A spokesman for Weston SeaQuarium said: “Due to ongoing financial difficulties, we can confirm all employees at SeaQuarium Weston are going through a redundancy consultation process.
“This is a private and confidential process and we will not be making any further comment until the consultation period has ended.
You may also want to watch:
“No decision has been made regarding the future of SeaQuarium Weston.
“We have decided to close the aquarium this weekend and will review it again next week.”
- 1 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 8 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision