Under threat tourist centre in top five cent nationally
THE staff at Weston s tourist information centre are in the top five per cent nationally for their customer service.
THE staff at Weston's tourist information centre are in the top five per cent nationally for their customer service.
Mystery shopper research by VisitBritain has revealed that the town's visitor centre is ranked 12th in the country out of 273 assessed.
However, the news comes a week after North Somerset Council announced the centre's future is 'under review' as a result of a £2million funding gap for next year's budget.
The centre, in Beach Road, receives more than 120,000 visitors, 30,000 telephone calls and 4,000 written and emailed inquiries each year.
You may also want to watch:
The team at Weston scored 92 per cent for a personal visit and was also assessed on email and telephone responses as well as waiting times among other factors.
A decision on the centre's future is expected in the New Year.
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 10 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications