University students provide ‘invaluable support’ for Weston hospice
- Credit: Archant
Occupational therapy students from the University of the West of England (UWE) are volunteering for Weston Hospicecare.
The students offer ‘invaluable support’ by assisting in the Hub – a sorting area on the Oldmixon which supplies the hospice’s shops.
Hub manager Sarah Wright said: “The UWE students have joined us for a number of years now for these two weeks, as part of their course.
“We always find their assistance invaluable as the additional manpower is always welcome.
“The Hub supports the function of the shops. We send vans out to collect donations from our shops and deliver stock orders on a daily basis. From here we provide a furniture collection and delivery service to customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have an additional two students helping with our online service.”
To volunteer for the hospice, email email@example.com
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse