University students provide ‘invaluable support’ for Weston hospice
- Credit: Archant
Occupational therapy students from the University of the West of England (UWE) are volunteering for Weston Hospicecare.
The students offer ‘invaluable support’ by assisting in the Hub – a sorting area on the Oldmixon which supplies the hospice’s shops.
Hub manager Sarah Wright said: “The UWE students have joined us for a number of years now for these two weeks, as part of their course.
“We always find their assistance invaluable as the additional manpower is always welcome.
“The Hub supports the function of the shops. We send vans out to collect donations from our shops and deliver stock orders on a daily basis. From here we provide a furniture collection and delivery service to customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have an additional two students helping with our online service.”
To volunteer for the hospice, email email@example.com
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 Inadequate care home responds
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone