University students provide ‘invaluable support’ for Weston hospice
- Credit: Archant
Occupational therapy students from the University of the West of England (UWE) are volunteering for Weston Hospicecare.
The students offer ‘invaluable support’ by assisting in the Hub – a sorting area on the Oldmixon which supplies the hospice’s shops.
Hub manager Sarah Wright said: “The UWE students have joined us for a number of years now for these two weeks, as part of their course.
“We always find their assistance invaluable as the additional manpower is always welcome.
“The Hub supports the function of the shops. We send vans out to collect donations from our shops and deliver stock orders on a daily basis. From here we provide a furniture collection and delivery service to customers.
“We also have an additional two students helping with our online service.”
To volunteer for the hospice, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 2 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe