Santa spreads joy at Christmas bazaar
- Credit: Archant
Families celebrated the start of Christmas in Uphill at the village bazaar.
Children queued up to see Santa in his grotto to tell him what they were hoping for under the tree.
The festive event was organised by Uphill Village Society.
An abundance of stalls were out on the day selling cakes, gifts, jewellery, food and cards. Entertainment was provided by the village choir, Uphill Primary School dance club and choir, and Jean Davies and Audrey Smale singing carols.
Writing on the village society’s Facebook page, a spokesman said: “Congratulations to all members of Uphill Village Society responsible for a fabulous afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Some great entertainment, lovely stalls and plenty to keep everyone busy.
“Thank you to everyone who performed, to Santa and his elves, and to all stall holders and, of course, those of you who came along and spent money.”
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel