Santa spreads joy at Christmas bazaar
- Credit: Archant
Families celebrated the start of Christmas in Uphill at the village bazaar.
Children queued up to see Santa in his grotto to tell him what they were hoping for under the tree.
The festive event was organised by Uphill Village Society.
An abundance of stalls were out on the day selling cakes, gifts, jewellery, food and cards. Entertainment was provided by the village choir, Uphill Primary School dance club and choir, and Jean Davies and Audrey Smale singing carols.
Writing on the village society’s Facebook page, a spokesman said: “Congratulations to all members of Uphill Village Society responsible for a fabulous afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Some great entertainment, lovely stalls and plenty to keep everyone busy.
“Thank you to everyone who performed, to Santa and his elves, and to all stall holders and, of course, those of you who came along and spent money.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences