Santa spreads joy at Christmas bazaar
- Credit: Archant
Families celebrated the start of Christmas in Uphill at the village bazaar.
Children queued up to see Santa in his grotto to tell him what they were hoping for under the tree.
The festive event was organised by Uphill Village Society.
An abundance of stalls were out on the day selling cakes, gifts, jewellery, food and cards. Entertainment was provided by the village choir, Uphill Primary School dance club and choir, and Jean Davies and Audrey Smale singing carols.
Writing on the village society’s Facebook page, a spokesman said: “Congratulations to all members of Uphill Village Society responsible for a fabulous afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Some great entertainment, lovely stalls and plenty to keep everyone busy.
“Thank you to everyone who performed, to Santa and his elves, and to all stall holders and, of course, those of you who came along and spent money.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal