Santa spreads joy at Christmas bazaar
- Credit: Archant
Families celebrated the start of Christmas in Uphill at the village bazaar.
Children queued up to see Santa in his grotto to tell him what they were hoping for under the tree.
The festive event was organised by Uphill Village Society.
An abundance of stalls were out on the day selling cakes, gifts, jewellery, food and cards. Entertainment was provided by the village choir, Uphill Primary School dance club and choir, and Jean Davies and Audrey Smale singing carols.
Writing on the village society’s Facebook page, a spokesman said: “Congratulations to all members of Uphill Village Society responsible for a fabulous afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Some great entertainment, lovely stalls and plenty to keep everyone busy.
“Thank you to everyone who performed, to Santa and his elves, and to all stall holders and, of course, those of you who came along and spent money.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network