Uphill couple celebrates golden wedding anniversary
- Credit: Roger Bailey
An Uphill couple celebrated 50 years of marriage on August 29.
Roger and Tessa Bailey met each other at a friend’s house party in 1966.
Four years later, they married on the August 29, 1970 and bought their first house together in Westbury Wilts.
The couple has been blessed with two daughters, Louise and Georgina, as well as four grandchildren.
After around eight house moves, the pair returned to Weston, where Roger attended school in Uphill.
Tessa is involved with Weston U3A and has led a poetry group for the past five years. During lockdown, she made scrub bags for local retirement homes. Roger is a town councillor for Uphill ward and is a trustee with Citizen’s Advice locally, and chairs Weston In Bloom.
He said: “As a couple, we compliment each other’s skillset. We love Weston as people are so friendly – returning was one of the best things we could have done.”
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend