Uphill couple celebrates golden wedding anniversary
- Credit: Roger Bailey
An Uphill couple celebrated 50 years of marriage on August 29.
Roger and Tessa Bailey met each other at a friend’s house party in 1966.
Four years later, they married on the August 29, 1970 and bought their first house together in Westbury Wilts.
The couple has been blessed with two daughters, Louise and Georgina, as well as four grandchildren.
After around eight house moves, the pair returned to Weston, where Roger attended school in Uphill.
You may also want to watch:
Tessa is involved with Weston U3A and has led a poetry group for the past five years. During lockdown, she made scrub bags for local retirement homes. Roger is a town councillor for Uphill ward and is a trustee with Citizen’s Advice locally, and chairs Weston In Bloom.
He said: “As a couple, we compliment each other’s skillset. We love Weston as people are so friendly – returning was one of the best things we could have done.”
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse