Uphill Manor fire started accidentally

PUBLISHED: 08:00 04 August 2016

Fire crews at work at Uphill Manor.

Fire crews at work at Uphill Manor.

Archant

A fire at historic Uphill Manor is believed to have been started accidentally.

Fire crews have been tackling the blaze throughout the night.Fire crews have been tackling the blaze throughout the night.

The building in Uphill Road South, which is both a family home and bed and breakfast, caught fire on Sunday night.

Part of its roof, floors and staircases were destroyed.

A spokesman from Avon Fire and Rescue said the blaze is believed to have been started accidentally, in a laundry room in the B&B part of the building.

No one was injured.

* For the full story, and reaction from the owners, pick up a copy of the Weston Mercury today (Thursday).

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists