Uphill pre-school gets good report
A 30-YEAR-OLD youngsters group in North Somerset is celebrating a good Ofsted report.
A 30-YEAR-OLD youngsters' group in North Somerset is celebrating a 'good' Ofsted report.
St Nicholas Pre-School in Uphill has been graded as strong in all areas of its provision.
According to the report, 'children generally behave very well and show care and consideration for each other'.
Youngsters also 'enjoy a safe and stimulating environment where they learn and develop' in St Nicholas Church Hall, in Old Church Road.
You may also want to watch:
Joint leaders Carol Hartley and Sheena said she was 'thrilled' after reading the report.
Since its last report inspectors noted the group has improved the outdoor play area, which has been covered with safety surfacing and waterproof suits have been bought to allow children to play outside in all weathers.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Areas for improvement identified by the inspectors include recording staff attendance times, providing more opportunities for parental involvement and logging children's achievements so they can be used to inform the next steps in children's learning.
The group is currently fully booked and has a maximum of 24 places for children.