Uphill primary becomes academy
- Credit: Archant
A Weston primary school has joined a multi-academy trust.
The Cabot Learning Federation (CLF) has announced that Uphill Primary School joined the federation on October 1 and in doing so became Uphill Village Academy.
Headteacher, Samantha Hodder, said: “We are delighted to have joined the Cabot Learning Federation.
“It presents fantastic opportunities for both our children and the local community going forwards.”
The decision to join the CLF was taken by the Uphill governing body after a consultation period with parents, carers and staff over the past year.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Taylor, chief executive of the CLF, added: “Uphill is such a good fit for the family of schools already in the CLF, both in Weston and across the area.
“Mostly, however, I’m excited about what the school, its staff and community will bring to our trust; they have already been working closely with us and I am confident that both the children at Uphill and those already in CLF schools will benefit from the future collaborative relationship we will have.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'