Uphill primary becomes academy
- Credit: Archant
A Weston primary school has joined a multi-academy trust.
The Cabot Learning Federation (CLF) has announced that Uphill Primary School joined the federation on October 1 and in doing so became Uphill Village Academy.
Headteacher, Samantha Hodder, said: “We are delighted to have joined the Cabot Learning Federation.
“It presents fantastic opportunities for both our children and the local community going forwards.”
The decision to join the CLF was taken by the Uphill governing body after a consultation period with parents, carers and staff over the past year.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Taylor, chief executive of the CLF, added: “Uphill is such a good fit for the family of schools already in the CLF, both in Weston and across the area.
“Mostly, however, I’m excited about what the school, its staff and community will bring to our trust; they have already been working closely with us and I am confident that both the children at Uphill and those already in CLF schools will benefit from the future collaborative relationship we will have.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority