Thousands of camper vans head to the beach for annual VanWest festival
- Credit: Andrew Thompson
Thousands of camper vans descended on a Somerset beach for one of the biggest enthusiast gatherings in the country.
Now in its 14th year, the annual VanWest festival saw more than 6,000 Volkswagen Camper Vans head to Brean over the weekend, with 400 vehicles taking to the beach over the weekend.
The festival at Warren Farm Holiday Centre featured live music, fun fair rides, and more than 150 trade stalls.
Organiser Jimmer Northcott said: "It was a fantastic weekend, I couldn't have asked for any better.
"We got lucky with the weather again, and we are really lucky to be able to hold the event in such a wonderful place.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't think there are any other camper shows held at a five-star camp site."
Mr Northcott said they would be back next year bigger and better than ever.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
He said: "We are not the biggest yet but we are getting there."