Thousands of camper vans head to the beach for annual VanWest festival
- Credit: Andrew Thompson
Thousands of camper vans descended on a Somerset beach for one of the biggest enthusiast gatherings in the country.
Now in its 14th year, the annual VanWest festival saw more than 6,000 Volkswagen Camper Vans head to Brean over the weekend, with 400 vehicles taking to the beach over the weekend.
The festival at Warren Farm Holiday Centre featured live music, fun fair rides, and more than 150 trade stalls.
Organiser Jimmer Northcott said: "It was a fantastic weekend, I couldn't have asked for any better.
"We got lucky with the weather again, and we are really lucky to be able to hold the event in such a wonderful place.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't think there are any other camper shows held at a five-star camp site."
Mr Northcott said they would be back next year bigger and better than ever.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
He said: "We are not the biggest yet but we are getting there."