Hutton villagers devastated after floral displays trashed by vandals
- Credit: Archant
Villagers have been left devastated after ‘beautiful’ floral displays were smashed by vandals.
A number of the Hutton In Bloom winter flower displays were overturned and trashed in the early hours of Monday morning.
Displays located from the primary school, in Main Road, through to Hutton Hill were attacked by the culprits.
Cllr Mark Perry, from Hutton in Bloom, took to the streets with a half a dozen volunteers to clean up the mess on Tuesday.
He said: 'We've gone and cleared the mess, there's still a lot of work to do. Some of the handmade displays have been trashed.
You may also want to watch:
'It's going to cost a lot of money and time to handmake the displays.
'We are proud of our village. People go out of their way to drive through Hutton because it looks very nice.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
'This is a village that looks after its appearance and for someone to do that to our village, it's devastating to us.'