Vehicle causes damage to Weston shops
- Credit: Gavin Morris
A vehicle has caused damage to two shops in Weston today (Friday).
The Lock and Key Shop and Solo hairdressers in Meadow Street have both sustained damage after the incident this morning.
Police closed the road at the junction with Orchard Place at around 12.30pm to carry out its investigation.
Owner of The Lock and Key Shop, Gavin Morris, said: “I came into the shop this morning and heard the alarm, I opened the doors and then I saw the mess.
“I tried opening the shutters, which were clasped shut and wouldn’t open.
You may also want to watch:
“After we reviewed our CCTV, we saw the incident happened at around 5.30am.”
Gavin’s wife added that the shop sign was damaged last year by a similar incident, and the pair have asked North Somerset Council to stop sending lorries down Meadow Street to better protect their business.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
The shop has been in Meadow Street for seven years and has traded in the area for 19 years.
A spokesman from Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “We received a call from a member of the public at 8.20am today (Friday) to say two buildings in Meadow Street in Weston had sustained damage overnight – believed to have been caused by a vehicle.
“We attended and closed the road at the junction with Orchard Place until approximately 12.30pm.
“Enquiries are continuing.
“Anyone with information can report it on 101 and quote log number 197 of July 24.”
North Somerset Council has been approached for comment.