VIDEO: Car rescued from Brean beach mud
- Credit: Burnham-on-sea.com
A car had to be rescued after getting stuck in the mud on Brean beach on Sunday.
A crew from BARB search and rescue were called out to free the Volkswagan Polo after the beach warden alerted the Coastguard at 2.50pm.
The two occupants of the vehicle – a couple from Bristol who have not been named – came into difficulties after the car’s wheels sank into the mud and the car became stranded about half a mile down the beach.
Volunteers from BARB soon arrived and towed the car to safety before the tide came in.
The driver of the Polo thanked the volunteers and the beach Warden for rescuing him and his partner.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I have only had the car three days, so it was a heart-stopping moment when it got stuck with the sea close by.
“I felt embarrassed to need rescuing, but I can’t thank the volunteers enough. They really were marvellous.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village