WATCH: Weston Police Station demolition completed
- Credit: Archant
The demolition of Weston’s old town centre police station has been completed.
The process included removing asbestos, taking out fixtures and disconnecting utilities.
Contractors also took down the link to the former magistrates' court, which has been used for Heritage Action Zone open days.
The station will be replaced with a block of high-quality apartments with two to three bedrooms.
North Somerset Council leader Don Davies said: "The completed demolition will enable the council to move forward with ideas to breathe new life into this area.
You may also want to watch:
"This approach not only recycles the materials but saves the council money."
The police relocated to their new station on the Weston Gateway Business Park near junction 21 of the M5.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications