WATCH: Weston Police Station demolition completed
- Credit: Archant
The demolition of Weston’s old town centre police station has been completed.
The process included removing asbestos, taking out fixtures and disconnecting utilities.
Contractors also took down the link to the former magistrates' court, which has been used for Heritage Action Zone open days.
The station will be replaced with a block of high-quality apartments with two to three bedrooms.
North Somerset Council leader Don Davies said: "The completed demolition will enable the council to move forward with ideas to breathe new life into this area.
You may also want to watch:
"This approach not only recycles the materials but saves the council money."
The police relocated to their new station on the Weston Gateway Business Park near junction 21 of the M5.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers