WATCH: Weston Police Station demolition completed
- Credit: Archant
The demolition of Weston’s old town centre police station has been completed.
The process included removing asbestos, taking out fixtures and disconnecting utilities.
Contractors also took down the link to the former magistrates' court, which has been used for Heritage Action Zone open days.
The station will be replaced with a block of high-quality apartments with two to three bedrooms.
North Somerset Council leader Don Davies said: "The completed demolition will enable the council to move forward with ideas to breathe new life into this area.
You may also want to watch:
"This approach not only recycles the materials but saves the council money."
The police relocated to their new station on the Weston Gateway Business Park near junction 21 of the M5.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision