Village pub wins second place in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A Hutton pub has received a runner-up award in the South West In Bloom competition.
The Old Inn, in Main Road, received the Shaun Cregon trophy for having one of the best decorated pub.
First prize was won by the Griffin Inn, in Newquay.
South West In Bloom is one of 18 regions which make up for Britain In Bloom.
John Hayes, who owns the pub, said he is proud the pub won the award.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We're very proud to have won the award and we have placed it in the window in the dining room for all to see.
"Everyone in the village was very pleased and happy.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
"If it wasn't for Mark Perry and his wife making sure the flowers were watered properly, it wouldn't have come together as it did.
"The reason we won is because of the hard work and dedication by everyone involved."