Village pub wins second place in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A Hutton pub has received a runner-up award in the South West In Bloom competition.
The Old Inn, in Main Road, received the Shaun Cregon trophy for having one of the best decorated pub.
First prize was won by the Griffin Inn, in Newquay.
South West In Bloom is one of 18 regions which make up for Britain In Bloom.
John Hayes, who owns the pub, said he is proud the pub won the award.
He said: "We're very proud to have won the award and we have placed it in the window in the dining room for all to see.
"Everyone in the village was very pleased and happy.
- 1 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 4 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 5 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 6 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 10 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
"If it wasn't for Mark Perry and his wife making sure the flowers were watered properly, it wouldn't have come together as it did.
"The reason we won is because of the hard work and dedication by everyone involved."