Village pub wins second place in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A Hutton pub has received a runner-up award in the South West In Bloom competition.
The Old Inn, in Main Road, received the Shaun Cregon trophy for having one of the best decorated pub.
First prize was won by the Griffin Inn, in Newquay.
South West In Bloom is one of 18 regions which make up for Britain In Bloom.
John Hayes, who owns the pub, said he is proud the pub won the award.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We're very proud to have won the award and we have placed it in the window in the dining room for all to see.
"Everyone in the village was very pleased and happy.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
"If it wasn't for Mark Perry and his wife making sure the flowers were watered properly, it wouldn't have come together as it did.
"The reason we won is because of the hard work and dedication by everyone involved."