Village pub wins second place in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A Hutton pub has received a runner-up award in the South West In Bloom competition.
The Old Inn, in Main Road, received the Shaun Cregon trophy for having one of the best decorated pub.
First prize was won by the Griffin Inn, in Newquay.
South West In Bloom is one of 18 regions which make up for Britain In Bloom.
John Hayes, who owns the pub, said he is proud the pub won the award.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We're very proud to have won the award and we have placed it in the window in the dining room for all to see.
"Everyone in the village was very pleased and happy.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 New principal appointed at academy
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
"If it wasn't for Mark Perry and his wife making sure the flowers were watered properly, it wouldn't have come together as it did.
"The reason we won is because of the hard work and dedication by everyone involved."