Families celebrate Pancake Day with races
- Credit: Archant
Hungry villagers enjoyed pancake races before tucking into the sweet treats to mark Shrove Tuesday.
St James’ Church in Winscombe invited people in to race around the hall with their pancakes.
Participants showed off their pancake-flipping skills as they raced to the finish line at the hall in Woodborough Road.
Families in Blagdon also lined up ready to compete against their peers in the friendly contest at the village club.
After burning off some energy in the races, families tucked into pancakes served up by volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Guests could choose from a variety of popular fillings including syrup and lemon and sugar.
The money raised from the Blagdon event will go towards St Andrew’s Church.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster