Families celebrate Pancake Day with races
- Credit: Archant
Hungry villagers enjoyed pancake races before tucking into the sweet treats to mark Shrove Tuesday.
St James’ Church in Winscombe invited people in to race around the hall with their pancakes.
Participants showed off their pancake-flipping skills as they raced to the finish line at the hall in Woodborough Road.
Families in Blagdon also lined up ready to compete against their peers in the friendly contest at the village club.
After burning off some energy in the races, families tucked into pancakes served up by volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Guests could choose from a variety of popular fillings including syrup and lemon and sugar.
The money raised from the Blagdon event will go towards St Andrew’s Church.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows