Villagers showcase talent at Uphill show
- Credit: Archant
Flowers, cupcakes, bunting and model animals were just some of the items on display at Uphill Village Show.
Talented villagers entered their baked goods, crafty creations, prized vegetables and impressive blooms into the competition ready to be judged.
The show has been running for 72 years to enable people to showcase their skills.
The event was originally organised by Uphill Horticultural Society, but the group joined forces with Uphill Village Society in 2014 and it now runs across Friday and Saturday.
Westhaven and Uphill schools entered displays for the event and items from the village archive and exhibition pieces were also on display in the Victory Hall.
You may also want to watch:
A number of scarecrows also made an appearance ready for the village’s annual scarecrow festival in September.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset