Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- Credit: Nailsea Community Group
A virtual Christmas fair is taking part in Nailsea this year to support independent traders.
The town's calendar is normally packed with craft fairs and markets in the run up to Christmas, but due to the pandemic Nailsea Community Group decided to run a virtual event.
A spokesman for the event said: "The Nailsea community has once again pulled together this time to support local and independent traders over the Christmas period.
"At this time of year there are normally numerous craft fairs and markets but with everything on hold the Nailsea Community Group has set up its own virtual Christmas Market on Facebook.
"It has gone from strength to strength with over 115 virtual pitches and fast approaching 1,700 members."
Shoppers can pick up a variety of items ranging from Christmas cards, candles and decorations to jewellery, sweets and upcycled goods.
Local schools, churches and community groups are also taking part.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
Buys comment on the items they would like and the seller organises a socially distanced delivery.
Entrance to the fair, which runs until December 18, is free.
To take part, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the event on Facebook at Nailsea Community Virtual Christmas Fair.