Orchard tours and cider tasting at open day
- Credit: Neil Phillips photo and film Lim
Thousands of visitors enjoyed tours and tasters when a popular cidermaker threw open its doors to visitors.
Thatchers Cider opened the gates to Myrtle Farm in Sandford to enable people to see behind the scenes.
Black Jacks, The Floor Shiners and Southern Sons provided the music as visitors basked in the September sun.
Thatchers put on face-painting, apple-pressing, competitions, sports skills and science experiments for youngsters, while adults flocked to the cider tent to taste drinks.
Staff also gave tours around the orchards and cider-making halls.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Thatcher said: "What an amazing time everyone had at Myrtle Farm for our open day.
"A huge thank you to everyone who joined us.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 9 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
"We loved getting to meet and chat with so many people and we really appreciate the time that everyone took to look around the farm today."