Weston’s carnival committee appeals for volunteer marshals
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer marshals are needed to help support Weston-super-Mare’s Carnival.
Weston’s November Carnival Committee is looking for a further 20 people to become marshals at this year’s event.
The committee is also looking to recruit a voluntary all-year-round team of 12 people to help organise the carnival in the lead up to it and on the day.
Spokesman for the committee, Terry Gilbert, said: “We’ve got a huge variety of things to do if people want to get involved.
“This is a non-profit event with all the money raised going back into the carnival and to Weston Hospicecare.”
The event will start on November 9 at 7.30pm at Locking Road car park.
Weston’s Carnival has been running annually since 1969 and will celebrate its 50th anniversary next year.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 9 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
To get involved, email Terry at email@example.com or call 07903 273214.