Walk leaders awarded for inspiring others
- Credit: Archant
‘Inspirational volunteers’ have been awarded for leading walks across North Somerset.
The leaders of the North Somerset Health walks have won the Ramblers' inspiring walkers volunteers award.
The award recognises inspirational volunteers who have helped, encouraged and supported others to start walking or keep active.
Health walks are organised by North Somerset Council and provide short, sociable walks for more than 400 people each week.
North Somerset Council's sport and active lifestyles officer, Kira Thorpe, said: "I want to fully acknowledge all of the volunteers across all of the health walk groups.
You may also want to watch:
"This award is very much deserved and reflects the ongoing commitment and enthusiasm of all the volunteers over the past 11 years.
"Every volunteer has something unique to give; they provide a supportive environment for anyone who wishes to make a difference to their health by getting more active."
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre