Walk leaders awarded for inspiring others
- Credit: Archant
‘Inspirational volunteers’ have been awarded for leading walks across North Somerset.
The leaders of the North Somerset Health walks have won the Ramblers' inspiring walkers volunteers award.
The award recognises inspirational volunteers who have helped, encouraged and supported others to start walking or keep active.
Health walks are organised by North Somerset Council and provide short, sociable walks for more than 400 people each week.
North Somerset Council's sport and active lifestyles officer, Kira Thorpe, said: "I want to fully acknowledge all of the volunteers across all of the health walk groups.
You may also want to watch:
"This award is very much deserved and reflects the ongoing commitment and enthusiasm of all the volunteers over the past 11 years.
"Every volunteer has something unique to give; they provide a supportive environment for anyone who wishes to make a difference to their health by getting more active."
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision