Walk leaders awarded for inspiring others
- Credit: Archant
‘Inspirational volunteers’ have been awarded for leading walks across North Somerset.
The leaders of the North Somerset Health walks have won the Ramblers' inspiring walkers volunteers award.
The award recognises inspirational volunteers who have helped, encouraged and supported others to start walking or keep active.
Health walks are organised by North Somerset Council and provide short, sociable walks for more than 400 people each week.
North Somerset Council's sport and active lifestyles officer, Kira Thorpe, said: "I want to fully acknowledge all of the volunteers across all of the health walk groups.
You may also want to watch:
"This award is very much deserved and reflects the ongoing commitment and enthusiasm of all the volunteers over the past 11 years.
"Every volunteer has something unique to give; they provide a supportive environment for anyone who wishes to make a difference to their health by getting more active."
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year