Scout and guides group launches urgent appeal for volunteer leaders
- Credit: Archant
A scout and guides group has launched an appeal for volunteers, stating they are ‘essential’ to running the organisation.
Rainbows, brownies, beavers and explorers which fall under Burrington and Wrington Scout and Guide Group need up to 15 parent volunteers to sign-up.
There are around 250 members of the group, which mainly consist of those from Wrington, Redhill, Langford and Churchill.
The scout and guides club says it 'relies' on volunteers and is appealing due to its long-standing members retiring from the role.
Professor Andy Wolf, the group's executive chairman, said: "We regularly take part in hikes most weekends and the group is looking for people who remember what it was like to be involved in something like this."
You may also want to watch:
The club is holding its annual meeting at Wrington's former Methodist church, in School Road, on June 26.
The starting time for the meeting is still to be confirmed.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer