Scout and guides group launches urgent appeal for volunteer leaders
- Credit: Archant
A scout and guides group has launched an appeal for volunteers, stating they are ‘essential’ to running the organisation.
Rainbows, brownies, beavers and explorers which fall under Burrington and Wrington Scout and Guide Group need up to 15 parent volunteers to sign-up.
There are around 250 members of the group, which mainly consist of those from Wrington, Redhill, Langford and Churchill.
The scout and guides club says it 'relies' on volunteers and is appealing due to its long-standing members retiring from the role.
Professor Andy Wolf, the group's executive chairman, said: "We regularly take part in hikes most weekends and the group is looking for people who remember what it was like to be involved in something like this."
You may also want to watch:
The club is holding its annual meeting at Wrington's former Methodist church, in School Road, on June 26.
The starting time for the meeting is still to be confirmed.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 10 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians