Volunteers going for gold in champion-of-champions class
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare welcomed the judging team from Britain In Bloom this week, with the army of volunteers setting their sights on a fifth-consecutive gold award.
The town has been entered into the champion-of-champions category following 2015’s second-place finish in the national competition.
South West In Bloom chairman John Wheatley, judging Weston’s efforts, was given a tour of the town on Tuesday that included stops at Grove Park and Westhaven School.
Malcolm Nicholson, town clerk at Weston Town Council, said: “The flowers look beautiful this year, particularly in Grove Park.
“I’d like to thank the volunteers for their hard work. We are proud to sponsor Weston In Bloom and we are excited for the results.”
You may also want to watch:
The results of the nationwide competition will be announced on October 6.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 6 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 7 Town centre park to reopen as wellbeing park for people to aid mental and physical health
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer