Spring-clean event attracts ‘nice turn out’ at Weston park
- Credit: Archant
Kind-hearted volunteers collected rubbish from Grove Park, in Weston, as part of the Keep Weston Tidy initiative.
The project was organised by Friends Of Grove Park, which was one of four groups taking part in environmental charity’s Keep Britain Tidy’s annual scheme.
Other spring clean-ups were run by Friends of The Campus, Cleaner Coastlines and Sand Bay’s Marine Conservation Society, which also took part in the charity’s Great British Spring Clean project on April 6-7.
A spokesman for the group hopes the endeavour will spur further action.
They added: “The event went well and we had a nice little turn out of people show up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Volunteers went on three different routes and those who joined in were interested in continuing to help with our regular litter picks held all year-round.”
To find out more about the collections visit the Friends Of Grove Park Facebook page.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic