Spring-clean event attracts ‘nice turn out’ at Weston park
- Credit: Archant
Kind-hearted volunteers collected rubbish from Grove Park, in Weston, as part of the Keep Weston Tidy initiative.
The project was organised by Friends Of Grove Park, which was one of four groups taking part in environmental charity’s Keep Britain Tidy’s annual scheme.
Other spring clean-ups were run by Friends of The Campus, Cleaner Coastlines and Sand Bay’s Marine Conservation Society, which also took part in the charity’s Great British Spring Clean project on April 6-7.
A spokesman for the group hopes the endeavour will spur further action.
They added: “The event went well and we had a nice little turn out of people show up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Volunteers went on three different routes and those who joined in were interested in continuing to help with our regular litter picks held all year-round.”
To find out more about the collections visit the Friends Of Grove Park Facebook page.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant