Weston man launches walking group with Unite the Union
- Credit: Archant
A Weston man has launched a walking group to encourage bus drivers to get more active and improve their wellbeing.
The initiative was formed as part of a First Bus health and wellbeing event at the end of October.
Founder of Weston walking group Strollers, Mike Jones, has partnered up with Unite the Union to start the project.
He hopes members will 'make new friends' and the walks will help 'build people's confidence' at the weekly outings.
Tazim Ladhu said: "We start the route at Weston's Victorian Café, in Marine Parade, as there is a bus stop outside where vehicles often change drivers."
You may also want to watch:
First Bus driver, Kathy Williams, said: "When Tazim at Unite came up with the idea, I thought it was great.
"It gets people up and about and is social as well and I think the group will grow among drivers, particularly in the spring and summer."
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Woman's fundraising challenge after cancer diagnosis
- 7 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 8 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 9 School producing science champions
- 10 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
Walks begin at the café on Wednesdays at noon.