Wardens to clean up Weston estates
WESTON S south ward could soon be transformed into a cleaner place to live.
WESTON'S south ward could soon be transformed into a cleaner place to live.
Two community wardens and two street cleaners have begun patrolling the streets on the Bournville, Coronation, Potteries and Oldmixon estates to make sure they stay tidy.
The team of four will carry out litter picking, remove graffiti and sweep the streets as well as report any specific problems such as abandoned cars, dog fouling or vandalism to the relevant authority.
The two wardens are Shane Edwards, aged 44, and 33-year-old Darrell Evans and the street cleaners are Andrew Roberts, aged 43, and 26-year-old James Clayton.
You may also want to watch:
Their supervisor, 45-year-old David Peter, will also be getting stuck into some of the work.
The scheme has been funded and put in place by the South Ward Neighbourhood Management Partnership and North Somerset Housing.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
Neighbourhood Manager, Sara Brown, said: "One of our aims is to make the south ward cleaner and a place where people are proud to live and can enjoy a good quality of life.
"This new community warden scheme plays a key role in our work in the area."
The wardens and street cleaners will be introduced to residents at four events:
* February 21 - Potteries Community Centre in Langford Road from 10am-12noon.
* February 27 - Weston College's Univeristy Campus in Loxton Road from 10am-12noon.
* March 5 - Oldmixon Local Action Team office in Aller Parade from 12noon-2pm.
* March 19 - For All Healthy Living Centre in Lonsdale Avenue. The time has not been confirmed.