Warning issued after grass fire near Weston-super-Mare

PUBLISHED: 09:33 19 July 2016 | UPDATED: 09:33 19 July 2016

Fire crews were called to Baytree Road in Worle.

Fire crews were called to Baytree Road in Worle.

Archant

Fire crews were called to Worle last night (Monday) after a barbecue placed on grass accidentally started a fire.

Teams from Avon Fire and Rescue’s Weston-super-Mare station were called to Baytree Road at 6.26pm, where they used an aqua pack to put the small grass fire out.

A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue said: “There is a risk of starting a fire and damaging open spaces if a disposable barbecue is put directly on grass.”

You can learn more about safe barbecuing by clicking this link.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Weston Mercury