Washing machine fire in Weston-super-Mare

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

A washing machine fire has been tackled by Weston-super-Mare crews.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called to a property in Leonides Avenue, in Weston, at around 10.30am yesterday (Thursday) after the appliance had caught alight.

Although the fire was out on arrival, crews removed the washing machine and isolated the power.

The fire is thought to have started accidentally.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus