Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- Credit: Water Adventure Play Park
Water Adventure Play Park in Weston has switched off its water pumps, just days after turning them on ahead of a busy summer.
The park has confirmed that there was an issue with its pump room which affected its water quality and that an order has been placed for a replacement which is expected to come tomorrow.
Its water had previously been switched off for more than a year due to the Covid pandemic and vandal attacks.
The park's Facebook page states: "We experienced issues with a piece of equipment in the plant room for the splash pad.
"The park is open but the water is off. The grounds team will get the relevant engineer to take a look today and make an assessment."
The park is managed by Weston Town Council who have told the Mercury that an engineer is on standby to make repairs.
Clerk, Malcolm Nicholson said: "Although we believe the water is fine, we cannot run the splash pad until this is repaired so that we can take reliable readings.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
"We have been told that the part has been dispatched and should be delivered tomorrow and fitted.
"It is out of our control and down to a courier as to when it arrives. However, we have an engineer on standby and we are confident the Waterpark will be open in time for the weekend."
The water park remains open, despite its lack of water, and is free to guests.
For more information, visit the park's Facebook page www.facebook.com/WaterAdventurePlayPark