Water park expansion plans approved
- Credit: Archant
Brean Splash water park has been given the green light to expand its facilities.
As part of a five-year development plan, Brean Leisure Park revealed proposals in January to extend its facilities with four new rides, including a new outdoor ‘feature pool’.
Sedgemoor District Council approved the plans on the condition the park delays construction until a traffic-management plan is submitted to the council and approved.
The plans will see several new rides introduced at the Coast Road water park including a wave rider which can be used by two people at the same time, and a space bowl described as a ‘high-thrill water ride’ aimed at eight to 14 year olds.
The park is also planning to install an all-ages water play area, and a ‘Multislide’ aimed at families and multiple users at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
The facilities are currently closed during the Coronavirus lockdown.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 7 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 8 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 9 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 10 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday