Water park expansion plans approved
- Credit: Archant
Brean Splash water park has been given the green light to expand its facilities.
As part of a five-year development plan, Brean Leisure Park revealed proposals in January to extend its facilities with four new rides, including a new outdoor ‘feature pool’.
Sedgemoor District Council approved the plans on the condition the park delays construction until a traffic-management plan is submitted to the council and approved.
The plans will see several new rides introduced at the Coast Road water park including a wave rider which can be used by two people at the same time, and a space bowl described as a ‘high-thrill water ride’ aimed at eight to 14 year olds.
The park is also planning to install an all-ages water play area, and a ‘Multislide’ aimed at families and multiple users at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
The facilities are currently closed during the Coronavirus lockdown.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Weston micropub thriving once again following reopening