Watoto Choir perform for Cheddar students
- Credit: Jude Owens
An African choir brought joy to a Cheddar school.
The Watoto Children’s Choir made a return to The Kings Of Wessex Academy, in Station Road, Cheddar, for a lunchtime and evening concert as a part of their We Will Go tour.
For the first concert, there was little standing room in the Main Hall as students and staff watched film footage from the choir’s home country, Uganda, where the Watoto Church has been celebrating Christ and caring for the community and orphan children since 1983.
Christian leader Elizabeth Alden was pleased to welcome the choir.
She said: “We thank the Watoto Choir for bringing to the academy such vibrancy and joy of Jesus in their hearts and it was lovely to see our young people smiling and enjoying the message in their music and dance.”
You may also want to watch:
A group of children enjoyed answering questions from a year 10 RE class about the Holy Spirit and his work in their lives and community, then they asked their own questions of the Kings’ pupils.
- 1 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 2 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?