Weston community radio sees growth during lockdown
- Credit: Jack Wilfran
Presenter Jack Wilfan said that many fans have thanked the station for their work during lockdown.
A Weston-based community radio station has gone from strength to strength during lockdown, thanks to listeners’ support.
Wave Community Radio’s flagship breakfast show is an example of this growth.
Presenter Jack Wilfan has managed to broadcast his show from his bedroom, Monday to Friday.
Jack said: “We’ve received many messages from people thanking us for the work we are doing during the crisis. We’ve grown exponentially since the lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
The Weston presenter believes that this experience has only improved the quality of his show.
He added: “Presenting from home is interesting. It took a little while to get used to but I think it’s helped us become more in touch with local people in the same situation and create a more intimate output with the
- 1 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 2 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 8 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 9 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid
connection between presenter and listener being stronger.”
Log on to www.wavewsm.co.uk to listen to Jack and his colleagues.