Weston community radio sees growth during lockdown
- Credit: Jack Wilfran
Presenter Jack Wilfan said that many fans have thanked the station for their work during lockdown.
A Weston-based community radio station has gone from strength to strength during lockdown, thanks to listeners’ support.
Wave Community Radio’s flagship breakfast show is an example of this growth.
Presenter Jack Wilfan has managed to broadcast his show from his bedroom, Monday to Friday.
Jack said: “We’ve received many messages from people thanking us for the work we are doing during the crisis. We’ve grown exponentially since the lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
The Weston presenter believes that this experience has only improved the quality of his show.
He added: “Presenting from home is interesting. It took a little while to get used to but I think it’s helped us become more in touch with local people in the same situation and create a more intimate output with the
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
connection between presenter and listener being stronger.”
Log on to www.wavewsm.co.uk to listen to Jack and his colleagues.