Weston community radio sees growth during lockdown
- Credit: Jack Wilfran
Presenter Jack Wilfan said that many fans have thanked the station for their work during lockdown.
A Weston-based community radio station has gone from strength to strength during lockdown, thanks to listeners’ support.
Wave Community Radio’s flagship breakfast show is an example of this growth.
Presenter Jack Wilfan has managed to broadcast his show from his bedroom, Monday to Friday.
Jack said: “We’ve received many messages from people thanking us for the work we are doing during the crisis. We’ve grown exponentially since the lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
The Weston presenter believes that this experience has only improved the quality of his show.
He added: “Presenting from home is interesting. It took a little while to get used to but I think it’s helped us become more in touch with local people in the same situation and create a more intimate output with the
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
connection between presenter and listener being stronger.”
Log on to www.wavewsm.co.uk to listen to Jack and his colleagues.