Weston community radio sees growth during lockdown
- Credit: Jack Wilfran
Presenter Jack Wilfan said that many fans have thanked the station for their work during lockdown.
A Weston-based community radio station has gone from strength to strength during lockdown, thanks to listeners’ support.
Wave Community Radio’s flagship breakfast show is an example of this growth.
Presenter Jack Wilfan has managed to broadcast his show from his bedroom, Monday to Friday.
Jack said: “We’ve received many messages from people thanking us for the work we are doing during the crisis. We’ve grown exponentially since the lockdown.”
The Weston presenter believes that this experience has only improved the quality of his show.
He added: “Presenting from home is interesting. It took a little while to get used to but I think it’s helped us become more in touch with local people in the same situation and create a more intimate output with the
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 4 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 5 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 6 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 9 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 10 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
connection between presenter and listener being stronger.”
Log on to www.wavewsm.co.uk to listen to Jack and his colleagues.