Wear It Blue to support Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare is calling on supporters to take part in a new initiative.
The charity's #WearItBlue encourages schools, workplaces and community groups to dress in blue in exchange for a suggested minimum donation of £1.
It will take part during the national hospicecare awareness week, which runs from October 14-18, and supporters are being encouraged to use the hashtag #WearItBlue on social media.
Community fundraiser Rachel Mansfield says: "#WearItBlue is an exciting project and we hope it will give our supporters a fun way to raise money to support our work.
"You can simply get your workplace to wear blue for a day that suits you during the week or supporters can take the theme further if they wish.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice's shops will be running promotions on blue clothing on October 16.
For more information, email email@example.com
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder