Wear It Blue to support Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare is calling on supporters to take part in a new initiative.
The charity's #WearItBlue encourages schools, workplaces and community groups to dress in blue in exchange for a suggested minimum donation of £1.
It will take part during the national hospicecare awareness week, which runs from October 14-18, and supporters are being encouraged to use the hashtag #WearItBlue on social media.
Community fundraiser Rachel Mansfield says: "#WearItBlue is an exciting project and we hope it will give our supporters a fun way to raise money to support our work.
"You can simply get your workplace to wear blue for a day that suits you during the week or supporters can take the theme further if they wish.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice's shops will be running promotions on blue clothing on October 16.
For more information, email email@example.com
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend