Wear It Blue to support Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare is calling on supporters to take part in a new initiative.
The charity's #WearItBlue encourages schools, workplaces and community groups to dress in blue in exchange for a suggested minimum donation of £1.
It will take part during the national hospicecare awareness week, which runs from October 14-18, and supporters are being encouraged to use the hashtag #WearItBlue on social media.
Community fundraiser Rachel Mansfield says: "#WearItBlue is an exciting project and we hope it will give our supporters a fun way to raise money to support our work.
"You can simply get your workplace to wear blue for a day that suits you during the week or supporters can take the theme further if they wish.
The hospice's shops will be running promotions on blue clothing on October 16.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch