Wedmore by Candlelight returns to Somerset
A SOMERSET village will be a-glow with twinkling lights and the buzz of Christmas next month. Wedmore by Candlelight returns to the area on December 12 and this year is set to be a fun-filled event.
A SOMERSET village will be a-glow with twinkling lights and the buzz of Christmas next month.
Wedmore by Candlelight returns to the area on December 12 and this year is set to be a fun-filled event.
The Snow Ice Queen and Jack Frost will appear on stilts and entertain crowds in The Borough and Church Street and a juggler dressed in silver will be wowing youngsters with his crazy tricks.
Many of the shops in the village will be open late for shoppers to bag a Christmas bargain or a perfect present for someone special.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Jan Beer said: "Hopefully all the residents will have candle displays in their windows and this year there will be a prize for the winning house.
"We are lucky Father Christmas has taken time out of his busy schedule to visit Wedmore and will be in a grotto with his elves."
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Tasty treats including a pig roast and roasted chestnuts will be tingling taste-buds in The Borough and Church Street and Wedmore Young Farmers will have a market brimming with fresh produce.
A carol service will be held in St Mary's Church from 6-6.30pm. Afterwards, children in fancy dress will walk from the church down to The Borough where judges will decided who is the best dressed.
This year's theme is pantomime characters and the winner will receive four tickets for Jack and the Beanstalk, which is playing at Weston's Playhouse from December 17-January 13.
A children's storyteller will be telling tales in The Swan and carol singers will be accompanied by the Burtle Band.
The Borough and Church Street will be closed to vehicles during the event, which runs from 6-9pm.
Look out for pictures in the Somerset Mercury and check out other event snaps on our website at www.thewestonmercury.co.uk or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org