Annual flower event raises £1,500 for church
- Credit: Archant
A village’s showpiece summer event boasted brilliant blooms of flowers and raised valuable cash for a church.
Wedmore Flower Festival was held from July 26-27, raising hundreds of pounds for Wedmore Methodist Church.
The show attracted a sizable crowd, and raised in excess of £1,500.
Floral displays filled the church with colour, and there were historical documents on show containing the church's records dating back to the 18th century.
The festival's theme was Somerset villages, with entrants required to create displays inspired by the county's picturesque sights.
You may also want to watch:
The free event also had stalls for arts and crafts available.
Coffee and cakes were offered to visitors in the mornings and cream teas in the afternoon.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
Church member, Barbara Ellis said: "The festival went very well. We had a steady stream of visitors both days.
"Everyone enjoyed the interpretation in flowers and effects depicting the Somerset villages.
"We were kept very busy."