Annual flower event raises £1,500 for church
- Credit: Archant
A village’s showpiece summer event boasted brilliant blooms of flowers and raised valuable cash for a church.
Wedmore Flower Festival was held from July 26-27, raising hundreds of pounds for Wedmore Methodist Church.
The show attracted a sizable crowd, and raised in excess of £1,500.
Floral displays filled the church with colour, and there were historical documents on show containing the church's records dating back to the 18th century.
The festival's theme was Somerset villages, with entrants required to create displays inspired by the county's picturesque sights.
The free event also had stalls for arts and crafts available.
Coffee and cakes were offered to visitors in the mornings and cream teas in the afternoon.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch
Church member, Barbara Ellis said: "The festival went very well. We had a steady stream of visitors both days.
"Everyone enjoyed the interpretation in flowers and effects depicting the Somerset villages.
"We were kept very busy."