Scheme allows air travellers to donate funds per journey
- Credit: Archant
A scheme through which local residents can make a donation to offset their air travel has been launched.
Green Wedmore created the scheme to help the community reach its zero-carbon target.
The project is also supported by independent travel agents at 2Js Travel, which will promote it to its customers. Money raised will go towards local projects, as well as to fund the scheme.
It is estimated UK citizens are responsible for producing 5 tonnes of CO2 each year - a 10-hour flight can produce this amount, too.
Group chair Vanessa Becker-Hughes said: "We are delighted to have the support of local travel agents 2Js Travel to help spread the word about the scheme. If anyone would like to consider offsetting their travel, please take a look at the website, and you can be assured 100 per cent of the donation will be ploughed back into local schemes."
You may also want to watch:
For more, see www.greenwedmore.co.uk/travel.aspx
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'