Scheme allows air travellers to donate funds per journey
- Credit: Archant
A scheme through which local residents can make a donation to offset their air travel has been launched.
Green Wedmore created the scheme to help the community reach its zero-carbon target.
The project is also supported by independent travel agents at 2Js Travel, which will promote it to its customers. Money raised will go towards local projects, as well as to fund the scheme.
It is estimated UK citizens are responsible for producing 5 tonnes of CO2 each year - a 10-hour flight can produce this amount, too.
Group chair Vanessa Becker-Hughes said: "We are delighted to have the support of local travel agents 2Js Travel to help spread the word about the scheme. If anyone would like to consider offsetting their travel, please take a look at the website, and you can be assured 100 per cent of the donation will be ploughed back into local schemes."
You may also want to watch:
For more, see www.greenwedmore.co.uk/travel.aspx
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years