Scheme allows air travellers to donate funds per journey
- Credit: Archant
A scheme through which local residents can make a donation to offset their air travel has been launched.
Green Wedmore created the scheme to help the community reach its zero-carbon target.
The project is also supported by independent travel agents at 2Js Travel, which will promote it to its customers. Money raised will go towards local projects, as well as to fund the scheme.
It is estimated UK citizens are responsible for producing 5 tonnes of CO2 each year - a 10-hour flight can produce this amount, too.
Group chair Vanessa Becker-Hughes said: "We are delighted to have the support of local travel agents 2Js Travel to help spread the word about the scheme. If anyone would like to consider offsetting their travel, please take a look at the website, and you can be assured 100 per cent of the donation will be ploughed back into local schemes."
You may also want to watch:
For more, see www.greenwedmore.co.uk/travel.aspx
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple