Charities receive generous donation from Wedmore Real Ale Festival
- Credit: Archant
Wedmore Real Ale Festival organisers have handed out £19,000 of their earnings to numerous local charities.
During a presentation night held at The Swan, in Cheddar Road, the organisations received cheques from the festival organisers.
The beneficiaries for this year included Children's Hospice South West, Somewhere House Somerset, Wedmore Playing Fields and Cheddar Valley Food Bank.
The festival has raised £205,221 for charity during their 19-year history, last year they raised £18,150.
James Turbitt, a committee member, said: "We've had some great feedback from the punters about the new set-up and this has been backed up by our record takings.
You may also want to watch:
"Deciding on where and how much to donate is a difficult decision and one the committee takes very seriously, as there are so many worthy causes, but giving out the cheques also makes all the hard work in running the festival more than worthwhile."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone