Wedmore's Turnip winner - Banksy set for eBay
THE prestigious Turnip prize in Wedmore has been awarded to Bracey Vermin for her work Tea P - some used teabags in the shape of a P.
THE prestigious Turnip prize in Wedmore has been awarded to Bracey Vermin for her work 'Tea P' - some used teabags in the shape of a P.
The ceremony for the annual art competition, a spoof of the world famous Turner prize, was held at The New Inn.
Bracey, who lives in the village, received the award of a turnip mounted on a six inch nail in front of a packed and cheering audience.
The 69-year-old said: "I have entered this most coveted art award on several occasions and I feel the lack of effort this year has really paid off, I knew the moment I came up with the idea the prize was in the bag.
You may also want to watch:
"The work took no time at all to create, I had some pikies over for a brew and it seemed a great way to reuse the teabags"
The exhibits from the four finalists and an entry thought to be a potential offering from famous graffiti artist Banksy will now be sold on Ebay, with profits going to charity.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
For more information please visit www.turnipprize.com